AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional - Practice Exam - Failed

Yesterday I tried official online trial test of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional at https://aws.psiexams.com, but only got 55% and failed. Most of the questions were not in whizlab practice test.

I used to get 90% or above on whizlab & linuxacademy questions.

Did anybody passed recently using whizlab practice exams ?

Hello John,

Our questions are good enough to practice for the exam. There are many who have passed the exam with the help of our questions.

If that is enough, then I should have passed for sure. Check my profile and see I got 90% each practice exam in whizlab.

Its tough exam thats for sure. I have scheduled for August 25 to keep myself focussed.
What topics did they hit the hardest? Did you see any evidence of updates?
When you try again - what areas will you be concentrating on?

Thank you John - I know you will crush it next time!

Lots of questions are from Security, Scalability & Elasticity, Opswork etc. All questions are scenario based. Don’t expect question like(True/False, Single line questions) in whizlab practice for CSAP real exam. That is straight route to failure.

We need to look into amazon deep dive ,reinvent videos and solution architecture blogs in each sections, I guess

Hi John,

Sorry to hear that you could not clear the AWS practice tests.

Whizlabs tests are not meant to give the students the “exact” exam questions, but to give the idea about how CSAP questions might appear in the real/final exam. So, these are still very essential to get the a thorough practice for the real AWS tests.

About the topics covered in the exam, we have received feedback from many students that some topics appear more than others, but there is no specific pattern to it. You may get more questions on security and less on DevOps; sometimes, it may be the other way around. So, the best approach is to mark such topics in which you got incorrect answer in practice tests, then study them in more details, and reattempt those in practice tests. Try to achieve 95% in the Whizlabs practice tests.

Personally, I had also failed in the official AWS (PSI) practice test scoring only 60%. In my re-attempt of practice tests I passed with 75%. However, I was still confident about passing the final exam, and did successfully pass it with 83% in a week after that. So, please do not get discouraged by the PSI practice test scores. This is my personal suggestion.

We have recently received quite a lot of positive feedback from many students about the Whizlabs’ CSAP practice exam. It has helped them achieve close to 90% in the final exam. So, even though some of the questions are true/false or not long scenario-based, they will certainly help you in one way or the other to tackle tough scenario questions in the final test. Having said this, we are in process of updating such questions with new questions altogether.

If you have any questions or queries about any topics, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We will surely help resolving them.

Good luck!

Best Regards,
Ninad
(Whizlabs Team)

Hi Ninad,

To give the idea about how CSAP questions might appear in the real/final exam. So, these are still very essential to get the a thorough practice for the real AWS tests".

Unfortunately I need to disagree with the above statement.

The CSAP questions on whizlab does not give a practice for real tests. There is no single line questions or True/False answers to any of the questions. You are misguiding people who are taking a costly exam with $300. Many reported this (I went though other peoples experience in whizlab) and you are not correcting it. Each time the replay was “we are working on it or our questions are good enough”. That is really BAD.

We have quite a lot of positive feedback from many students about the Whizlabs’ CSAP practice exam. It has helped them achieve close to 90% in the final exam

This is really interesting. Can you point out couple of students name who got 90% with this practice exam on real CSAP exam ? or at least give the links on your forum ?

So, even though some of the questions are true/false or not long scenario-based, they will certainly help you in one way or the other to tackle tough scenario questions in the final test.

I don’t agree at all. This give students a false idea on what will be there on the final exam

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback.

"The CSAP questions on whizlab does not give a practice for real tests."
I respect your views, but do not agree with you at all. Yes, there were and still are - may be few true/false questions or non-long-scenario-based questions - but how many? There are more than 350 (at least) scenario based questions which are sufficient to “give a practice for real tests”. Did you disregard them? Or did you find them useless?

You are misguiding people who are taking a costly exam with $300.
This is your personal opinion. There are many students who have benefited from our tests and have given positive feedback. I have given their references in the links below (unfortunately I cannot give their personal information). If we were to misguide people, we would not have put “100% money back guarantee if students fail the exam” in our SLA (albeit a small amount compared to certification cost). We fully understand that the certifications are costly; and hence, always advise the students who take the exam to study thoroughly, have hands-on lab experience, and practice with our tests. I have total 6 different certifications, so I know how expensive it is.

Many reported this (I went though other peoples experience in whizlab)
More than many have reported positive feedback and have regarded our tests very highly. Please go through our CSAP forum.

and you are not correcting it.
We have recently updated the CSAP answer section with detailed explanation on each correct as well as incorrect option. We are proud to point out that only Whizlabs tests provide such detailed explanation. All other vendors just point out which option is correct (or just say why it is correct without explaining why others are incorrect). Many many students have found this feature extremely useful in passing the exam. We have been replacing the non-CSAP standard questions with new ones, and also correcting any issues with existing ones. This is a continuous process and takes time. We have timely announced whenever the questions were updated. There is always scope for improvement, and we do our best to improve our products. While doing this, we do not shy away from admitting if it is taking time. We are transparent.

Each time the replay was “we are working on it or our questions are good enough”.
We shared the honest and true situation. We are continuously working on it - whether you believe or not. I think our claim of “being good enough” is taken out of context here. We never say “just pass our tests and you will definitely pass the real exam”. As I mentioned earlier, Whizlabs tests are practice tests. Students need to study hard - especially for the Pro exams, have extensive hands-on labs, read whitepapers and FAQs, watch re:invent videos, and continuously improve their knowledge on topics. We are always there to guide, but I do not think anybody can guarantee to be “good enough”.

Please read some of the recent feedback given by the students on this forum. There are many more, not just on the forum, but via emails and our query tracking system as well. I wish I could share the snapshots from those.

This give students a false idea on what will be there on the final exam
Nobody is supposed to (and nobody can) give any idea on what will be on the final exam. Practice tests are meant to be used as a yard-stick to judge the students current level of understanding of the topics. Students use it to check if they find themselves confident of appearing for the final exam. Students cannot just assume that this is exactly what will be on the final exam. The main purpose of our tests is to give the simulated scenarios. Again, your mileage might have varied.

Having said all this, I agree that some of the questions can be improved to give better perspective to the students, and we are indeed working on it. We already have replaced many of them, we will keep on doing the same too. Apart from the tests, our query management/feedback system/ask our experts tool has been very active to help students understand the concepts, discuss in details on topics, as well as guide them with strategies on passing the exam.

Whizlabs is doing everything within their capacity to help the students not only get certified but also be learned in that domain. This has been and will be our motive, not misguiding them or making money out of it.

If you have any other concerns, please let us know, we will surely help you. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ninad
(Whizlabs Team)

Hi John

I am sorry to know that you were unable to pass the exam. I do understand your views and we value your comments. Practice tests are meant to test your knowledge and give you an overview of how the real exam will look like (also helps for a time management). The nature of the questions in real exam are aligned towards solving real world business problems, hence it’s not possible to provide exact scenarios in practice tests. Getting a passmark in practice tests alone will not guarantee to clear the exam. As Ninad mentioned in earlier comment, we recommend to read whitepapers and FAQs, watch relevant videos. We constantly strive to improve our products and services.

I dont rely on Whizlabs for sure. I somehow managed to pass but the original exam was having more question on API Gateway, ECS as well. Which I dont see anywhere in Whizlabs.

If whizlabs does begin to put actual exam questions on their quizzes then i for one would have to stop using them as cheating is cheating and if AWS finds out then we all lose our qualifications and hard work

What we need is good in depth explanations on the subjects being quizzed and also explanations to the wrong answers too I do belive Whizlabs is adressing this and has improved in the last few months so id avise students to give constructive questions rather than saying i failed my test all because of Whizlabs

Remmber this is a final gauge of your readiness to take the exam so you should have done months of work beforehand

Actual answers will weaken the certification just like my Cisco and Mcse became worthless. I see students saying i passed all 3 associate in 1 week or i passed all 5 core in 1 month IMPOSSIBLE i have been doing IT over 20 years and have taken 2 years to achieve all 5 core

I can understand its expensive to fail but get a Cloud guru get a Linux acad account use qwiklabs a free AWS account and do the work THEN gauge your readiness by taking Whizlabs and become a real engineer

I agree but try going through the objectives and supplementing with Reinvent 2017 videos this is how i passed all 5

That’s Perfect!

Whizlabs helps students to test their readiness for the exam. If you have gone through all the documentation, by taking our exams you will find your weakness and strength areas. Please don’t just focus on passing the exam, try to read throughly and understand the concepts.

Hi All,

We can argue/discuss whether the questions are enough for passing AWS CSAP exam. But one thing is for sure. If you study whizlab questions and answers(or you expect similar complexity questions) “ONLY” you will FAIL for sure. You need to have good knowledge on AWS products and should have gone through lots of reinvent videos, documentation, best practices, use cause etc & etc.

I am posting this for others - who may go with false idea on whizlab practice questions and AWS Professional exam

When somebody is giving money back on any product, it is meant to work for sure(Whizlab can of-course say they did’t mean it). Think of general items you purchase with money back guarantee, it is an assurance that product will work.

This will be my last post on this topic and I have a lot to study to cover the AWS professional :slight_smile:

At the last, I should appreciate whizlab for letting negative reviews posted on their forum and letting the discussion. Many wont do this

John

Hi John,
You are absolutely right.

I was wrongly guided by my friend and even whizlabs (marketing as 100% pass guarantee).

Today I took the exam at a PSI Center, the new format - Feb 2018. I studied udemy, little bit of cloud guru and did all quizzes in whizlabs but the real exam included scenarios that were no where close to whizlabs/udemy quizzes. One really needs to have strong understanding of AWS concepts and know how the AWS resources are used in real-time scenarios. I studied for a week spending around 4 - 5 hours each day. I will spend more time studying and take more time before I attempt for the next time.

If you only studied for a week, that’s why you failed.