Feedback on AWS Developer Associate practice tests

I did purchase all the 3 AWS Associate certification practice tests from Whizlabs. I have gained a lot of knowledge on SA and SysOps certifications after practicing the tests. In fact, they did really help me in achieving my SA and Sysops certifications. Now I am preparing for Developer Associate certification. Somehow I feel that the questions in the CDA practice tests are not up to the mark. They didn’t cover many topics in depth and could answer many questions without even reading them fully. Apart from Lambda, I don’t see any tough questions in CDA practice tests. I would suggest the following:

1. Add a couple of more practice tests to have a justification for the money we have paid in purchasing them.
  2. Cover some in-depth concepts similar to SA and Sysops practice tests so that we can gain more knowledge and attempt the certification with confidence.

I am planning to write CDA certification next month. Will keep you posted how it goes.

Regards,
Sunil.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the appreciation of our SysOps and CSAA Practice Tests. Based on users feedback, we’re working continuously to update and improve the quality of every test that Whizlabs offers (including the CDA).

Additionally, You can also checkout our newly launched CDA video course.

When are you planning to appear for the exam?

Hi Basant,

I did my AWS Developer Associate certification on 25th May 2019. I got a score of 942. Whizlabs modified practice tests, previous practice tests and the One-time practice test that is published helped me a lot in improving my certification knowledge. On top of it, I did purchase the Whizlabs Developer Associate training course as well. Below is my preparation which might be helpful for others:

1. I am already certified on Solution Architect Associate and Sysops Associate.
  2. Did acloudguru Developer Associate course.
  3. Did Whizlabs practice tests.
  4. Did Whizlabs course as well.
  5. Read whitepapers.
  6. Practiced the whizlabs tests for more than 3 times each to ensure that I understand the logic behind each question.

Below are some of the topics on which I received the questions and your practice test may modify some questions based on this:

1. Atleast 4 to 5 questions in combination with Lambda and Kinesis.
  2. Minimum 3 questions on S3 encryption.
  3. 6 questions on DynamoDB.
  4. 3 questions on AWS code commit, code build. No questions on code deploy or code pipeline.
  5. Multiple Lambda questions related to Alias, environmental variables, usage of parameter stores etc.
  6. Couple of API gateway questions.
  7. No questions on SAM build and SAM deploy.
  8. One question on RCU and WCU unit calculation.
  9. 3 questions on Cloud formation.
  10. 2 Questions on deployments of Elastic Beanstalk. One answer is rolling and other is immutable.

I dont remember the exact questions as they are long. But I could remember only the topics. Hope this should help others as well.

Regards,
Sunil

Hi Sunil

Congratulations… & that’s a fantastic score!

Glad to know that Whizlabs Video Course & Practice Tests helped you in preparing for the exam.

Thanks for your time & effort. Your valuable feedback will help many who are aiming to pass AWS CDA certification.

— Basant

thanks for Sharing, really useful to me.