Network subnetting

In you subnetting questions you are not clearly explaining your answers

How do you get the answer to question 12 in exam 5 where you give us a 10.0.1.0/25 and say the answer is 128 subnets and 126 hosts where did you base the subnet mask from as i do not agree with the answer
If an ISP gives me a /25 this means the bits cannot change in that mask , we have to work on the bits left as we see fit

so where do you get 128 subnets from the remaining 7 bits

1 subnet and 126 hosts i think is you meant but i have only been a cisco engineer for 23 years so what do i know

I believe if its a /25 then we get 2 subnets each with 128 addresses -2

Can you please post the entire question and its options as well? It will help other forum users to discuss and contribute towards the solution.

Thanks,
Ninad
(Whizlabs Team)

WillyWonker,

Your approach of asking question in this way is flawed, and is not going to help towards a quick resolution.

First of all, you have posted this query under “General” category. It is not clear if your question belongs to “CSAA”, “CDA”, “SysOps”, “CSAP”, or “DevOps” course. Are you expecting us to dig through all the tests, then read the question and then answer your query? It is much easier to have the question and its options posted, so we can quickly address the issue.

Second, for your information, this forum is not restricted to Whizlabs test purchasers only. If you just mention “Test XYZ and Question ABC”, it is pointless for many other forum subscribers who have not bought the practice tests (but they are interested in other discussions). Since they would not know the entire question and the options given, they would not be able to help you.

If you have any issues with any particular question, it is better to send the feedback via our “Feedback/Ask our expert” option, so we know the details of the exam, test, and the question number. Also, it helps us for tracking the record better. But, if you prefer the forum - which is fine as well - please give more information.

I’m not saying that there are no issues with question or answers, but if you be more explicit with the information, it will lead to quickest resolution.

Regards,
Ninad
(Whizlabs Team)