Personal Health Dashboard

1. Is the personal Health Dashboard specific to the one account, that mean can I use the personal health dashboard for the linked account in the AWS organization?

2. Also, Can the Personal Health Dashboard send the SNS or need to through the CloudWatch to send the SNS?

According to the link: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/phd/

1. Since it says “AWS Personal Health Dashboard gives you fine-grained access control so that you can setup permissions based on event metadata.”, I would think AWS Organization can manage users’ access as well.

2. " AWS Personal Health Dashboard can integrate with Amazon CloudWatch Events, enabling you to build custom rules and select targets such as AWS Lambda functions to define automated remediation actions." and “The dashboard also provides forward looking notifications, and you can set up alerts across multiple channels, including email and mobile notifications, so you receive timely and relevant information to help plan for scheduled changes that may affect you.”, I would also think that needs starting with Cloudwatch first.

Feel free to correct me :wink:

Have you face the exam question saying that the Personal Health Dashboard cannot send the notification for linked account?

I forgot the detail for question, do you remember any detail for this question?

as far as i remember it was if using aws organizations can the master account view linked accounts health dashboard
the answer is yes, probably

I don’t remember the question but it was something to the effect of ensuring the right IAM permissions were in place to allow the notification to be sent via SNS.

" Fine-grained Access Control Via IAM Policy Conditions

AWS Personal Health Dashboard gives you fine-grained access control so that you can setup permissions based on event metadata. This allows you to grant or deny access to an AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) user based on such attributes as event types, event types of a particular service, or other role-based attributes. With fine-grained access control, you can limit access of sensitive alerts, such as those related to security, to only those users that need to see them."