Today attempted SysOps exam and failed

I have today attempted AWS SysOps exam and failed.
Waiting to see how much I scored.
Lot of questions and scenarios where much different from the Whizlab 5 tests.
Yes, few questions matched exactly same and few were somewhat similar scenarios as in whizlab. Approx 10 or less questions were same, similar or similar scenario or from Whizlab explanations.

Thanks.
Ved.

Hi Ved

Sorry to hear that you couldn’t clear the exam.

[I’ve responded to you in another thread as well. I’m posting almost the same response here. Just added a feedback query for you]

When you get the domain wise score please focus on the areas that requires attention.

You should not expect the same questions of Practice Tests in the AWS exam. We create & provide various scenario based questions on relevant exam topics that can stimulate your learning & can subsequently train your mind to face the challenges of the real exam.

Having said that, we continuously update our practice tests & video courses based on the valuable feedback we receive from our customers.

• Did we miss any specific topic in our SysOps practice tests? Any other suggestion for improvement?

— Basant

Hi Basant,

I have absolutely not expected the same question of Practice Tests in the AWS exam.
I had studied all the FAQs of all topics covered according to your tests questions. Studied few other aws documentations and whitepapers as well.
You should not say that by Mastering your practice tests prepares any candidate to face real exam.
It just plays a 5% role in the actual exam and you cannot pass the exam in 5%. It requires 70% to just pass.

Studying FAQs and documentations helped me to answer some questions. 1 or 2 questions came exactly same as in Whizlab tests out of 325 questions. 3 to 5 questions matched scenarios although not exactly. All other questions were completely out of reach. That’s all the role of Whizlab.

So, I would recommend to people who are preparing for exam, When your all the study and preparation is done, your have studied, memorised, practised all AWS Documentations, forums, discussions, FAQs, Whitepapers of all the services covered in Syllabus. Have little knowledge of out of syllabus services also, then you can try whizlab practice tests. As it plays 5% role only. Its not exam preparation.

Thank you for your guidance Basant.

Regards.
Ved.

Hi Basant.
Here is my score: 689/1000 where 720 required to pass.

The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate (SOA-C01) has a scaled score between 100 and 1,000. The minimum scaled score needed to pass the exam is 720.

What does it mean by scaled score between 100 and 1,1000.
How the individual questions marked?

I agree to you comment. I have same experience and initial trust with Whizlab for SYsops preparation. However, even after sharing feedback with them 2months back, they have never updated or reviewed their own set of Sysops tests to improve

Hi Yash Bindlish

Practice Test update is a continuous process for us. We regularly update our content based on customer feedback & our internal assessment when there’s a change in the pattern/style/topic in the real exam.

I’ve skimmed through some of your forum engagement with us & there’s no actionable input as such. May be I’ve missed. We always strive to do better. I would appreciate if you can share your inputs (like missing topics or changed pattern) so that we can improve the quality of our practice tests.

One should not expect the same questions of Practice Tests in the AWS exam. We create & provide various scenario based questions on relevant exam topics that can stimulate your learning & can subsequently train your mind to face the challenges of the real exam.

Thank you.

Hi Basant,

I have shared the quick feedback through a feedback link and have not posted anything about the experience in discussion forum. My feedback was on 13th Feb.

We are not looking forward for real questions but a closer look atleast which helps to us have better preparation. I was continuously scoring 90% above in all your practice sets and it gave me a confidence that i am ready. However, with my first attempt i failed.

As you said you regularly update your content on internal assessment but i am sorry to say, i could not see SysOps update for even a single question in last 3months.

I would request that you should do a through internal assessment on SysOps and bring out a new Practice set soon for everyone.